30 April 2012

WATER WATER WATER!

There are days and weeks and months when all we have is rain falling from the sky. Like today. Pouring as if in the depth of winter in a rainforest. Oh wait, we are just a few miles from a real rainforest and situated in the middle of the Cascade Mts. Therefore we are pretty darn close to BEING in a rainforest.
But, without all the rain we would not have all the rivers, lakes and waterfalls. I absolutely love them all. Don't get me wrong, I love a few good sunnny days. I often long for more, but in all honesty I enjoy the rain.

 From the time I was a wee bairn, my Dad and I would stop at this waterfall for a drink from either his coffee mug or the expanding glass we had. Remember them. They folded up into themselves and fit in your pocket. Awesome things.

This is up FS Road 2660. I've no idea what the name of it is, but I'm sure it has one.

 I wonder if there are any fish swimming around in there?

 Unfortunately this makes it look a lot bigger than it really is. The little fall in the middle was really only about 10" high.
 This is the Suiattle River where it meets the Sauk River. Taken from up the east side of North Mountain.
 This is the outlet of the pond below. The pond is called Texas pond and it's quite large. It go around the corner at the top center where you can see the split in the trees. Reckon there are fish. There were a couple guys out in a boat at the upper end.
Many years ago this was a huge logging camp. I sure would like to know where all the buildings and things were. Must check with the local historical society.


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this post - wish I could have gone on that walk with you. My mother, grandparents and great-grandparents were all familiar with logging camps, albeit Northern California ones. It's incredible how places that were once hives of activity quickly become swamped by the forest. I hope you find out more about it from the historical society.

    ReplyDelete