15 October 2014

New love!

I have a new love. He is 13 lbs now and 2' tall. His name is Milan Gary Wright and is the son of my
youngest niece Brittany. She and her husband just returned to Darrington (well the end of June before Milan was born) after a very long year in Eastern Idaho. Missed them so much.
 
Milan was born July 24, 2014   8.1 lbs and 21". He is doing well. So cute. I am more like his gramma than great auntie. His gramma, my youngest sister, pretty much choses to be absent. Its a sad story but I must admit I really don't mind stepping up to the plate. Having not had children myself, it's pretty nice to have a grandson without having to raise a child. (Though it took quite a while to resign myself to not having children, and that's another story!)
 
At 1 week! So bright eyed.
 
 At 13 weeks. REALLY filled out. He's already has that "not another picture" face.
 
His usual sleeping position.
 
Such fun times. He is smiling so much, recognizing people's voices and makes the best faces ever. I am inclined to believe he already thinks his "gram-auntie" has lost her mind. He is learning(with a few hints from me) that I am his favorite person, besides his parents. I tell him about how I will help him find the mud puddles to jump in, the dirt piles to play in and that bubble bath is not just for girls. How his parents wear funny clothes that they can't be seen in and then sometimes bright orange hats and vests. (Hunting season has begun.) That I am pretty sure they will want him to wear the same funny clothes someday.
 
In fact they have ran off to Idaho last night for a week hunting. They took him!!! Brittany is not planning on hunting much at all. She can leave Milan with Lisa a bit, but she is not too excited about that option. She has only left him with me once to run to the store. So it will be interesting to hear how they made did..
 
I am going to miss them very much. Already do and they are NOT in cell range!!!!!! Ugh

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie! So glad they live close to you. What a joy!

    ReplyDelete